STAR Programme is modelled after Nurturing Early Learners, a curriculum framework from Singapore, which upholds the principles of learning of 6 Learning Areas:
- Language and Literacy
- Social-Emotional Development
- Discovery of the World
- Motor Skills Development
Aesthetics and Creative Expressions
STAR PROGRAMME IS CONDUCTED AT MERLION SCHOOL,
ON JALAN HR MUHAMMAD 371 SURABAYA.
- Toddler (1-2 years old),
- Nursery 1 (2-3 years old),
- Nursery 2 (3 -4 years old),
- Kindergarten 1 (4-5 years old), and
- Kindergarten 2 (5-6 years old).
- To meet the vision-mission of Merlion School, to develop well-rounded individual (holistically) by catering to children’s learning pace and needs.
- To stimulate their curiosity of the world and uphold good moral values.
- To gain knowledge and form well-rounded individuals.
STRENGTHS & UNIQUENESS
- Equal emphasis of English and Mandarin
- Purposeful Play: P.I.E.S (Physical, Intellectual, Emotional and Social) Development.
- Incorporate different Types of Play and Learning Centres
- Varied school events and programmes to support children’s self-esteem, creativity, and general knowledge.
- 1 period a week of Bahasa Indonesia for kindergarten levels.